Hard armor plates, Level III, could be used as rifle armor. These have been independently tested to NIJ protocol 0101.06. It features a multi-curve profile that provides an ergonomic and comfortable fit, so it will fit comfortably against your body all day long.
These armor systems are tested at muzzle velocities listed in the threat profile table and show which rated ammunition they can defeat. Level III Armor is constructed of the highest quality ballistic material, strong because of its 6mm SiC (ceramic) chip. This armor comes in standard 10X12″ size, so it can be used in all plate carriers on the market.
- independently tested to NIJ protocol 0101.06,Level III
- multi-hit capability
- Highest level of protection under NIJ 0101.06 and other global standards
- reduce spall and deflection of projectile fragments
- Lightweight and ergonomic (4lbs per plate)
- Plate Cover Included
- Constructed with (SiC) ceramics Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Price Per Set(two plates)
- 0.82 Inch Thick
- 4Lbs Per Plate
- 10X12″ Size
- In Stock
- The test is based on 16.5 yards.
- 7.62×51 NATO 2,800 ft/s ± 30 ft/s
- 7.62×39 MSC/API 2,350 ft/s ± 30 ft/s
- 5.56×45 NATO 3,150 fp/s ± 30 ft/s
- Due to the increased number of orders, body armor will be sent out in random colors.
The plates appear to be well made and should work great.
Robert Walker –
Very light. Well made. Saw a review by MrGunsandGear where it performed above its rating.
Love the plates. They are extremely light weight compared to what I had before. Great product